Please keep in mind that none of the below information which is in this blog post is written by me.
All research belongs to: Susan Kolb, Dr Lu-Jean Feng, all websites/videos linked & the Facebook Page “Breast Implant Illness Aus & NZ”.
I have simply collected the resources and put them into this blog post to make it easier for women who are wanting to educate themselves into the NEGATIVE risks associated with Breast Implants. I understand that this blog post might be difficult for some people to read, so please if you do not have an open mind and you do not want to read the health risks/complications/negatives discontinue reading.
My whole experience with getting breast implants was rushed and little to no thought was placed into the extremeness of this major surgery. I did very basic research into what the procedure was, the potential complications, limitations, and health risks which are associated with breast implants (as well as many other types of plastic and cosmetic surgery). I want to provide information from professionals to women who have shared their stories and experiences the health risks which are associated with breast implants because it is not talked about merely enough, and there’s too much misinformation and there’s not enough conversation on this topic. It is expected that when you do your research majority of information about implants is going to be POSITIVE, the purpose of this post is to show you the NEGATIVE side to implants. It is up to you what you do with this information. I made the mistake of not doing enough research into my plastic surgery and soon learnt afterwards the risks associated with my choice. Which is why I chose to remove them.
SEE PREVIOUS BLOG POST: WHY I REMOVED MY BREAST IMPLANTS
DISCLAIMER: This is other womens, and I am not saying this will be your experience, and I don’t want anybody to come away from this blog post and use this as hate, bullying or shaming towards anybody who has plastic surgery or anybody who is choosing to have plastic surgery. Just because a girl or a guy chooses to have plastic surgery doesn’t mean they are stuck up, it doesn’t mean they are even happy with their plastic surgery. This is something that we need to have a bit more compassion for, because there’s a lot of misinformation, which is why I wrote this post.
Your health is the most important thing in this world. Please remember that no amount of plastic surgery will make you love yourself. Do your research first, and then decide whether to go through with plastic surgery. I will not judge you if you have breast implants, or are thinking of getting them, but I am encouraging you to EDUCATE yourself – something that I didn’t do. If you have breast implants make sure you continuously go for check ups/scans and have them replaced to avoid complications and always be aware of sickness signs to avoid destroying your health. I decided to avoid the risk. Everybody has a choice.
IN THIS BLOG POST YOU WILL READ:
- Ingredients in a breast Implant – By Susan Kolb’s.
- Rupture/replacement of breast implants – Dr Lu-Jean Feng.
- Health risk associated with breast implants (Cancer, Breast Implant Illness, BIA ALCL, Mold in implants, Capsulectomy/Enbloc importance) – Websites & Videos.
- IF you have breast implants and are looking at having them removed, I have provided some information from “Breast Implant Illness Aus & NZ” to help you on this journey.
The chemical makeup (ingredients) of silicone gel implants and its effect to the human body when exposed to these ingredients.(Implant Shell and filling)
Makeup Ingredients BY SUSAN KOLB (The Naked Truth about Breast Implants – PGS 83-84)
It’s important to note that SALINE breast implants have an outer shell which has the SAME makeup (ingredients) of silicone implants
- Methyl ethyl ketone: High concentrates can harm the nervous system – Symptoms include headaches, nausea, dizziness, drowsiness.
- Cyclohexanone:Over exposure causes (can be absorbed through the skin): Irritation to eyes, skin, adverse effects on body weight, tissue Morphology.
- Isopropyl alcohol: Immediate effects the central nervous system (effects the heartbeat, breathing, gag reflex).
- Acetone: Can cause headaches, Dizziness, confusion, nausea, vomiting. It can affect blood, passing out and possible coma.
- Urethane:Capable of causing cardiac arrhythmias (electrical impulses in the heart don’t function properly), chest discomfort, difficulty breathing, irritation of mucous membranes, headaches, coughing, asthma, allergic reasons, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, blurred vision, reduced pulmonary function.
- Polyvinyl chloride: Can cause liver, lungs, heart and kidney damage. People who breathe extreme high levels can die.
- Amine: Chemical reaction not very harmful, however CAN affect health.
- Toluene: Possible damage to your kidneys and liver. Research is being done to determine whether this chemical can cause permanent damage to your brain or body after years of exposure.
- Dichloromethane:Can cause CNS depression
- Chloromethane:Can affect the heart rate, blood pressure, liver and kidneys.
- Ethyl acetate: Can cause skin, eye, nose and throat irritation. Can cause you to feel dizzy, lightheaded, and to pass out. Repeated contact can cause drying/cracking of the skin.
- Silicone:Please note: I couldn’t find any research on Silicone due to the lack of research.
- Sodium fluoride: Problems with bones, teeth and neurological development.
- Lead-based solder: Headaches, fatigue, digestive problems, vomiting, muscle weakness, death (extreme case).
- Formaldehyde:Exposure can cause irritation to eyes, nose and throat. May cause occupational asthma. Can cause damage to the lining of the nose and throat.
- Talcum powder: Can cause symptoms of asthma or pneumonia, LUNG CANCER, and chronic respiratory problems.
- Oakite (cleaning solvent)
- Methyl 2-cyanoacrylate: Irritation to eyes, nose and can cause blurred vision.
- Ethyleneoxide:Irritation to the eyes, skin and mucous membranes and problems in the functioning of the brain and nerves.
- Xylene: Harmful effects on the kidneys, lungs, heart and nervous system. Causes inflammation of the skin.
- 2-hexanone:Can affect the nervous system – feelings of weakness, numbness and tingling in the skin of the hands and feet.
- Thixon-OSN-2: https://www.alternativewholistichealth.com/storage/app/media/pdfFiles/The_Danger_s_Of_Silicone_Implants_And_Immune_Disease.pdf
- Stearic acid: Digestive issues, skin irritations, swelling and rash like symptoms.
- Zinc Oxide:Hives, itching, skin rashes.
- Naptha (rubber solvent): Damage to the nervous system, and may affect the kidneys.
- Phenol: Highly irritating to the skin, eyes and mucous membranes. Can cause difficulty breathing, swelling, and worsening pain, redness or irritation in or around the mouth.
- Benzene: Causes harmful effects on the bone marrow and can cause a decrease in red blood cells, leading to anemia. It can affect the immune system and increase the chance of infection.
- Lacquer thinner
- Epoxy resin: Is an adhesive, plastic or other material made from a class of synthetic thermosetting polymers containing epoxide groups.
- Epoxy hardener 10 & 11
- Printing ink
- Metal cleaning acid
- Color pigments as release agents
- Heavy metals: Aluminium and plantinum: Nausea, vomiting diarrhea, abdominal pain, central nervous system dysfunction, heart problems, anemia.
- Silica: Affects the immune system, increases the risk of lung infections such as tuberculosis.
BREAST IMPLANT RUPTURE:
Most of us, if not all of us are blindsided by plastic surgeons and other people when it comes to plastic surgery.
Is it because we are a money-making assets to them where we will continue to generate cash for them because we are required to have implants replaced every 10 years?
Breast Implant Rupture and its relationship to Immune Disease information Links: https://www.alternativewholistichealth.com/storage/app/media/pdfFiles/The_Danger_s_Of_Silicone_Implants_And_Immune_Disease.pdf
Dr. Lu-Jean Feng: Study showed 842/1619 were associated with implant rupture: The degree of rupture depended on the age of the breast implant.
If you have breast implants it’s important that you go for regular check-ups and are committed to having them replaced every 8-10 years. I have attached some websites that explain why its important to have them replaced.
Dr. Lu-Jean Feng: “For those who do tolerate breast implants, the manufacturers advise that they be replaced every eight to 10 years. I conducted a study back in 1999, which showed that at 10 years of age, 60 percent of all implants have already developed a hole or a tear and have begun to leak. This becomes very problematic with the gel implants, which can leak into the chest cavity and migrate into the tissue, muscle and lymph nodes.”
“The body’s lipolysis reaction – which is the attempt to break down the implant casing, gradually weakening the shell of the implant, allowing the silicone to slowly seep out. A research study in 1970 found evidence of silicone in bone marrow and the silicone migrated to ten different organs”.
Dr Lu-Jean Feng presented evidence showing that “the rupture rate of an implant which has been in the body for less than 7 years is 11%, while the rupture of an implant which has been in the body for longer than 7 years is 61% (with the rate increasing as the years go on)”.
HEALTH RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH BREAST IMPLANTS
- BIA ALCL(Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large-Cell Lymphoma) Blood Cancer: Excessive fluid build-up around the breast implants-Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72WAf2qb_74–Website #1 –https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/How_to_Diagnose_and_Treat_Breast.40.pdf?token=AWz0gDQQr8eCrSttgKZ4UahtMSTr4wpviEqeSxZ7mLBXStbLuMH1ZHRqZcE-FNKFWmZaOWrvNyTXr8ExYmijO2Ttk2AfpNeS9hCCARP3ADEyJ4snknWNIwtgOXY41SXAjRgR5VsJ8qGsMwiPXYwiaMv_D6Ai80fzPjkHAK5o7vxveg–
Website #2 – https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/mime-attachment.pdf?token=AWz-ptASB3S58–n7SEREUFFOiR2o1qJC9QciEoDBXHCjOL8GphbCfkCMY9EK7HJ6AROm0390ggjYFbNw6Yj8AC6eb6mhFIA919loQHH9ZVLWCdjqa3vzQQMKEArznJA0IjVx_80fM1i9TjbXOTsjzR6c08ePcPb_GarwcY6YxU9Vw
- Cancer from Breast Implants:-
Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CVzLEu8ui0–Website #1 – https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/mime-attachment.pdf?token=AWzXIA6Ll6w1t6zrWZS4YaG8W2braBHkjg1q84K_VPbZRw_SvvkU2NBpXsza9EudpqKVCNlnlKflCh9PxfSU7_fhDn3NN94I_p_0AEiK25FWa2fc1lE4q4LKR6GI3X8f5tQTvk6kxLFb8398mEEwBR2MfBdgJ35vVLTHiQLaknOEig–Website #2 – https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Australia-facing-tsunami-of-breast-implant-associated-cancer-_-Daily-Telegraph.pdf?token=AWzYrUP66V7ui68OSEkFXiPpYyDd5sAkRG0Aci_e-pe_ZCRAv74_6sGx-5bYHJGtsojcD_vMZkpcyT0VVoIbiuBE8f12vpFl_s3tLRDXhLbluGlYZRQA8Y2UTr7JJpcnARiAM0pMdO-CKQRYmhWE8FCtjO2y2NLsp9MBPljHgh2yow–
Website #3 – https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/How_to_Diagnose_and_Treat_Breast.40.pdf?token=AWzsKHZo4wQe46Iim9I8y3kz_tDEyEG2faJ4M9G-TagJXYhIz0tXR98s5DKXZXBsRLuBkokqrRkKAsClhKWI5RE42ZUmXyy-nPTxH2fqx8ZznFmaVjWSKcoZi2n87CzXn-ckdyzBHmzUSAazjJHRg5tpCCvkdbJm-n0MiAU08J4bzg–
- Mold in Implants (Saline Implants):
Video #1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYOVWxR5UXc–Video #2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvF9_sjhks–Website #1– https://www.breastimplantillness.com/saline-implants-mold/–
- Breast Implant Illness (Information & Women’s stories):
Website #1 https://crystalhefner.com/2018/09/10/my-experience-with-lyme-disease-and-breast-implant-illness/–Website #2 https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Dede%20Graham%20Public%20Pages%20of%20BII%20Research.pdf?token=AWzkv8PnOrDg5MVkhENUPDqIoYtbQuYQuHrsjl4GCiCNnK86AtgGwUHfs0SocQaP_s9FohS6-Xcx_yrT2LUw1-IfklwwuRhgv58ANf5REx5uqzFUHfeleDpC4yCbmXBriBca_MWwV0vi66dyYS4wrQ7SbQIi4o4D1zroZZDbrjwcEg–Website #3 – https://www.healthline.com/health-news/former-miss-america-shares-her-story-of-breast-implant-poisoning–
Video #4 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZ1ARgZO2I
Video #5 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2SQQE0yrm0
- Why you HAVE to remove the whole capsule following breast implant removal:
Website – https://www.fengclinic.com/files/2014/10/PatternsofTCRBetachainGene.pdfFile:Author: Jane Kimpton – Breast Implant Illness AUS & NZ facebook page:
“Capsule tissue (the scar tissue every body builds around implants) is full of silicone particles, silicone chemicals and microorganisms and the last thing you want to do is leave any of it in the body. Capsules do not disintegrate and cannot be detoxed by the body. No surgeon has any way of telling how thick your capsules are. We know that they are not thin. We have seen hundreds and hundreds of pictures of thick capsules and no pictures of “thin capsules”. There is no such thing! Prominent plastic surgery schools recommend that all capsule tissue be removed when a lady explants for many good reasons and have written an official medical paper on the proper way to explant to all plastic surgeons dating back to the early 90’s. Plastic surgeons know they are supposed to remove capsule tissue when a woman explants but not all plastic surgeons are prepared or willing to do it correctly because it takes a lot of surgical skill to remove implants correctly, a lot of time and attention to detail and most plastic surgeon don’t have these skills and or don’t want to spend the time because it does not make them very much money. You need to choose a surgeon that is committed to removing all capsule tissue. All the surgeons and doctors who know the truth about implants always always recommend En Bloc/Total Capsulectomy explants and they are capable of removing all capsule tissue in each lady each time and do not cause any damage whatsoever to her. If your surgeon is telling you that they will leave part of your capsule in for your safety or you don’t need to remove the capsule tissue they do not have your best interests in mind and are not telling you the truth. Please choose a surgeon that is committed to removing all capsule tissue so you get well and don’t need a second surgery.”
- Faulty Medical Implants:–
Video – https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6427595/1-000-patients-died-three-years-having-faulty-implants.html?fbclid=IwAR2sboAmf7mVY0Sap45kDq1wNd9nuUe1KSueJC4rl9jcjGuBHwnV9My2nxM
- Breast Implant Rupture: –
Website #1- https://www.fengclinic.com/files/2014/10/RiskFactorsofSiliconeImplants.pdf–Website #2 – http://breastimplantinfo.org/personal-stories/–Website #3 – http://breastimplantinfo.org/rupture/
Information that helped me with Breast Implant Removal
Resource: “Breast Implant Illness Aus & NZ” facebook Page
You’ll find the following tests may be useful:
- FBC (full Blood Count)
- LFT (Liver function test)
- Plasma zinc
- Serum copper
- 25 OHD (vitamin D)
- Red cell folate
- Iron studies (including free, ferritin etc.)
- Lipid Studies (including HDL, LDL)
- Blood glucose
- Blood insulin
- Thyroid antibodies
- Thyroid receptor antibodies
- TSH, T3, T4
- Whole Blood histamine
- ANA (anti nuclear antibodies)
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) through a good naturopath or integrative GP.
Choosing a Qualified Plastic Surgeon
Know the difference between a cosmetic surgeon and a plastic surgeon: https://plasticsurgeons.com.au/cosmetic-surgeon-vs-plastic-surgeon-key-differences/
Plastic Surgeons Australia & New Zealand:
- ***Dr Gerard Bayley
Suite 314Ramsay Specialist Centre,121 Newdegate StreetGreenslopes QLD 4120
- **Dr Paul Belt
Level 1, 38 Misterton Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- *Dr Phillip Bushel-Guthrie
Brisbane Street Clinic32 Brisbane StreetMackay QLD 4740
- ***Dr David Chin (Fat Transfer Specialist, Fat transfer performed exclusively at Caboolture)
Suite 8, Level 9, Evan Thomson Building 24 Chasely Street Auchenflower QLD 4066
- **Dr Lisa Creighton (Onco-plastic breast surgeon)
Buderim Private Hospital Buderim QLD 4556 Ph 1300 652 567
- *Dr Ben Green (Breast & Endocrine Surgeon)
St Andrews and Holy Spirit Hospitals 07 3226 3800
- **Dr Isolde Hertess
4/193-197 Lake St Cairns City QLD 4870
- Dr Mark Magnusson
8 Margaret Street Toowoomba QLD 4350
- **Dr Susan O’Mahony
Alexandra, Suite 4, Level 7, 201 Wickham Tce, Brisbane, QLD 4000
- **Dr Nick Palmer (Breast and Endocrine surgeon)
Suite 2, Mater Medical Centre , Jessie Street Rockhampton Qld 4700
- Dr Justin Perron
4.01/550 Stanley St, South Brisbane QLD 4101
- **Dr Matthew Peters & Dr Raymond Goh
51 Ballow Street Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
- **Dr Richard Theile
7/201 Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill QLD 4000
- ***Dr Peter Widdowson
Lotus Institute, Level Two, 2 Short Street Southport QLD 4015
- **Dr Samuel Yang
Level 1, 38 Misterton Street Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- **Dr Gary Avery
Suite 7, Level 2, 3 Hopetoun Street Charlestown NSW 2290
- *Dr Catherine Boorer
Suite 304, 135 Macquarie Street Sydney NSW 2000
- ***Dr Ellis Choy
Suite 2B, Level 2, 115 Sailors Bay Rd Northbridge NSW 2063
- Dr Charles Cope
Level 1, 357 Military Road Mosman NSW 2088
- *Dr Peter Haertsch – operates in Wollongong also
209/2 Pembroke St Epping NSW 2121
- *Dr John Kippen
204/20 Bungan St, Mona Vale NSW 2103
- *Dr Mark Kohout
185-211 Broadway, Ultimo NSW 2007
- **Dr David Littlejohn (Breast Oncoplastic, Endocrine and General Surgeon)
5/325-327 Edward St, Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
- Dr Jake Lim
2/72-74 Cecil Ave, Castle Hill NSW 2154
- *Dr Steven Merten
Level 6, 149 Macquarie Street Sydney NSW 2000
- Dr Colin Moore
4 Young Street Neutral Bay NSW 2089
- ***Dr Gavin Sandercoe – (Does some Fat Transfer)
Suite 108, Level 1 Q-Central 10 Norbrik Drive Bella Vista NSW 2153
- Dr Graham Sellers
Suite 507, 185 Fox Valley Road Wahroonga NSW 2076
- *Prof Harvey Stern
Suite 412A RPAH Medical Centre 100 Carillon Avenue Newton NSW2042
- *Dr Leana Teston
Suite 3, Level 1/58 Kitchener Parade, Bankstown NSW 2200
- Dr Scott J Turner
Suite 4211 Dee Why Grand, 834 Pittwater Road Dee Why NSW 2099 and 214 Brunker Rd, Adamstown NSW 2289 (Surgery at Hunter Valley Private Hospital)
- **Dr Louis Wessels & **Prof Anand Deva
Integrated Specialist Healthcare 531-533 Kingsway Miranda NSW 2228
- *Dr. Ross Farhadieh
Suite 9, Calvary Clinic, 40 Mary Potter Cct, Bruce ACT 2617 (also Darling Point Sydney)
- *Dr Richard Bloom – Melbourne Vic
- **Dr Gillian Farrell
Cabrini Brighton, 243 New Street Brighton VIC 3186
- **Dr. Natalie Ngan – Melbourne, Geelong, Vic
- **Dr. Mansoor Mirkazimi – Melbourne, Vic
- *Dr. Katrina Read – Melbourne, Vic (Breast surgeon)
- *Dr Jeremy Wilson
Level 1, 262 Main Street Mornington VIC 3931
- Dr Yugesh Caplash
10 Waterloo Street Glenelg SA 5045
- **Dr Rodney Cooter
Waverley House Plastic Surgery Centre,Level 1, 360 South Terrace Adelaide SA 5000
- Dr Quoc (TK) Lam
Waverley House Plastic Surgery Centre,Level 1,360 South Terrace Adelaide SA 5000
- **Dr Tony Connell
Suite 3/ 200 Rokeby Road Subiaco WA 6008 .
- **Dr Tim Cooper
Hollywood Medical Centre, Suite 44 / 85 Monash Avenue Nedlands WA 6009
- *Dr Mark Hanikari
Suite 215, 25 McCourt Street Subiaco WA 6008
- ***Dr Mark Lee
Suite 317,25 McCourt StreetSubiaco WA 6008
- **Dr. Rohan Page
Suite 215/St John of God Medical Centre 25 McCourt St, Subiaco WA 6008
- *Dr David Crabbe (does fat transfer)
- *Dr David W Glasson
Churchill Drive Crofton Downs Wellington
- ***Prof Julian Lofts
6 St Vincent Avenue Remuera Auckland
- ***Dr Stuart McNicoll
200 Collingwood StreetHamilton
- **Dr Meredith Simcock
Suite 6, 9 St Marks Road Remuera Auckland
Star legend =
1* has been recommended as good possibility after consultation OR has done one good explant within this group.
2* has done a couple/few good explants within this group.
3* has done many good explants with positive feedback
Questions to ask Plastic Surgeon:
- Implants should be removed ‘enbloc’ if possible; with a Total Capsulectomy as the minimum i.e. all capsule tissue should be removed.
- The surgeon you select should be experienced with this type of removal and committed to getting all the capsule tissue out for your greatest chance of complete recovery. Ask them directly how many explants they have done this way?
- Where will the procedure take place? Hospital or day surgery? Is there a choice of options if you have no private health insurance? What is the cost difference?
- Will you receive antibiotics during or after surgery?
- Will you have drains and what should you expect with that? Who will remove your drains and when?
- What do they do to clean out the pocket if it is contaminated with microorganisms or silicone?
- Do they repair the pectoralis major if it’s been damaged creating the implant pocket.
- Will you need mastopexy/lift? Will they do at time of explant or require 6 – 12 months healing. What type of lift?
- What will be sent to pathology and what tests are requested to be performed? What is expected cost of pathology?
- Who will be the anaesthetist? How will that be arranged? Approximate cost?
- Do they look/test for cancer on the implants/capsule tissue, bacteria in the pocket and colonization of biofilm on the implants?
- Have theyever diagnosed a patient with BIA~ALCL (Breast Implant Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma); if so, how many? Ask your doctor if a seroma/effusion is discovered during explant will they aspirate and send the fluid and capsules off to pathology testing
- CD-30 immunohistochemistry to rule out BIA~ALCL.
Please do not assume that the doctors automatically know to do this; many do not and will discard the fluid.
- Will they pack up and return your implants to you if you want?
- Will they take any video or photos of this procedure for you?
- Is there a deposit required, how much and what happens with that deposit if you have to cancel? When is balance of payment required prior to surgery?
- What is before surgery directions (including stopping any medication or supplements likely to interfere with either clotting or scarring outcomes) and after surgery follow-up protocols? Who will you call if you have problems or questions directly after surgery?
- Can you receive a copy of your complete file including operative reports, pictures and tests?
- Most surgeons will have nothing to do with detox but it does not hurt to ask if they prescribe antibiotics and/or antifungals. How long will it take for your breasts to heal and be normal?
- What scar treatments do they suggest? How long to leave tape if used? Compression bra?
- How soon can you resume normal activities? Drive, care for children, exercise, go back to work, etc
- Breast Implant Illness (Australia and Newzeland) Awareness and Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreastImplantIllnessAustraliaNZ/?ref=bookmarks
- Breast Implant Removal Support: https://www.facebook.com/groups/101398033722775/
KHOBI SHAE XX
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this is research/information/data collection is based off other persons research/experimentation and I have no association with these people or the information which they have provided. I am simply showing this information to engage/enourage people to further their research of foreign objects such as breast implants. I am NOT a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL and it is important that you seek help from someone who IS a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL and/or go to EMERGENCY SERVICES. If someone follows this information/research which I have provided/conducted I will not be held accountablefor their actions.
- Breast Implant Illness Awareness and Support Facebook Page
- Dr Lu-Jean Feng
- Dr Susan Kolb
- All websites/videos linked